Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Housing & Services » FAQs » Application Process >

Application Process
  1. What do I need to complete the online application? [top]

    Before you can apply, you will need to create an online account. You will need a valid email address, mailing address and other personal information.
    Once you have created an online account (or if you already have one), you may apply for a program.

    Review the steps below to make sure you have everything you need before you begin the online application process.

    Step 1 - Decide on your program(s), length(s), and dates.

    Step 2 - Determine if you need to provide any of the following additional documentation with your program application, and collect any required documents so you are prepared to upload them.

    Supporting Documents
    Agency/embassy/partner university information. Only required if you have one.
    Copy of your passport photo page. Required for ALL students.
    Financial statement from your bank (view sample), or other source
    of funding, in English. Your financial statement must
    have a minimum amount of funding.
    Required if you will apply for an F-1 visa.
    Copies of your current I-20, the front and
    back of your I-94, and current F-1 visa stamp.
    Required if you are applying as a transfer student
    from another U.S. institution on an F-1 visa.
    Parental Release Form.* Required if you are under 18 years old.
    Copies of transcripts (Grades 9-12 and
    the scores of any standardized tests).
    Required ONLY for Admission Preparation Program (APP) applicants.
    Copy of your graduation certificate/diploma. Required ONLY for International Transfer Track (ITT) applicants.
    Official TOEFL score.
    Copy of your most up-to-date resume.
    Candidate Appraisal Form.*
    Required for ALL Postgraduate Program and Master's Pathway applicants.
    *These forms can be completed online with your program application. If you submit a paper application, please make sure you download the paper copies and submit the appropriate forms with your application to avoid delays.

    Step 3 - Complete a program application, including uploading the supporting documents (if applicable), and pay the $200 nonrefundable Program Application Fee. Visa, MasterCard or Discover are accepted online.

    Step 4 - Review housing options and apply for housing once you have received notification of your admission. You must pay the $200 nonrefundable Housing Placement Fee, if you wish to apply for our on-campus or off-campus housing.

    Important Things to Remember

    • Applications cannot be processed until the appropriate application fee(s) are received.
    • Courses, dates, fees and other expenses are subject to change without notice.
    • Admission to IEP does not constitute admission to any UCR degree program. For questions about UCR degree programs, contact Undergraduate Admissions or Graduate Admissions.
    • Other fees may apply for the Master's Pathway programs.


  2. What is the deadline to apply? [top]

    We recommend you apply as early as possible, so that you have enough time to apply for a visa, make travel arrangements, and arrive in time for orientation. We have recommended application deadlines to help you plan ahead.

  3. How old do I have to be to use the online application? [top]

    You must be at least 13 years of age to complete an online application for one of our programs. Your parent or legal guardian will be required to complete a Parental Release Form if you are under the age of 18.

  4. I don't want to use the online form to apply. Is there another way to apply? [top]

    If you don't have online access, you can send us your application, application fee and supporting documents by mail, email, or fax.

    First, select your paper application:


    Then submit your paper application and supporting documents to:


    International Education Programs
    UC Riverside Extension
    1200 University Avenue
    Riverside, CA 92507-4596, U.S.A.

    Tel: (1-951) 827-4346
    Fax: (1-951) 827-5796



    Please note that you cannot submit credit card information via email, because it is NOT secure. If you want to pay by credit card, complete the credit card information on your paper application or contact our office for more options.


  5. I've applied for my program and I already received a confirmation. What's next? [top]

    Applications take approximately 10 work days to process. Once we finish processing your application, we will send you an acceptance package via FedEx.

    Next Steps After Admission to UCR IEP

    Once you receive your acceptance materials, you can make arrangements for your visa application, housing in the U.S., airport transfer, and other travel arrangements. Congratulations, and we look forward to meeting you!

    Find out more about:

  6. I completed my application and need to make a change. How can I submit my changes? [top]

    Admission to International Education Programs does not constitute admission to the University of California degree programs.

    Contact the following offices for more info:

close [x]

Submit Feedback

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback about the UCR Extension website. Please be sure to include all relevant information to ensure that we can follow up with your request as soon as possible.

Add Supporting Files